Mon, 11 Feb 2019 06:50:42 +0000
Kodi v18.1 Leia RC1
Upcoming bug fix release...
Two weeks have passed since the official release of v18.0 - hopefully, you all like it as much as we do. A final release always comes with some unexpected bugs, however, so the months to come will bring regular v18 updates with further fixes and improvements. As the first of these, then, the 18.1 release candidate includes the following changes:
- Speed up Player and Playlists operations with JSON-RPC
- Define a senseful default value for advanced settings "updateemptytagsinterval"
- Revert edge case crash fix that caused DVDs to be not recognised on Mac OS
- Remove "dxvaallowhqscaling" advanced setting to prepare for DXVA improvements in v18.2 for Windows
- Linux X11: fix usage of required configuration values
- Add date to the log records
- Don't react on DPI change event on Win10 >= FCU
- Fix Android MediaCodec freeze on early disposal of a stream
- Flush streamplayers if abort is requested which solves waiting too long (on skipping DVD intros, for example)
- Fix ListitemAbsolute and ListItemPosition in GUI engine
- Ignore very first "server not reachable" notification for PVR servers
- Use extended result codes for SQLite
- Fix invalid PTS decoder value which should inprove MPEG2 playback on Android devices
- update SSL CA trust store
- Handle empty vertex buffers in GUIFontTTFGL which caused a hard crash
- Reintroduce setting "Close channel OSD after switching channels" for PVR
- Fix thread logging on Android which causes e.g. frozen DVD/Bluray playback
- Avoid attempt to load music info for smartplaylists
- Fix Top 100 Albums regression
- RenderCapture: Only query Occlusion if GL lower 1.5
- Check current mode if whitelist doesn't match and take correct action
- Check if app intent is valid on Android. This fixes a hard crash when trying to open Kodi again
- Fix PVR input stream creation for pvr file items only containing a path and no recording/channel tag.
- Fix playing VP9 streams using inputstream addon. It failed because codec extradata is non-existent for this stream codec.
- Catch an exception while reading or writing a file
- Fix logical "or" operation in GUI engine
- Check the system capabilities to support sleep states S1/S2/S3/S4 before reporting them as available
- Fix crash in PCSX ReARMed with BIOS
- Several Estuary cosmetic fixes
The full v18.1 RC1 changelog can be found in our GitHub milestone.
If you want to read back on what was actually changed in v18 itself, you can find the corresponding articles in the blog posts list.
The v18 "Leia" T-shirt
Inspired by the "galaxy far, far away" theme, our resident artist Sam went above and beyond and designed perhaps the coolest Kodi announcement video of all time.
[ More ]
[ Read Full Story ]
Story found on https://kodi.tv/feed/
[ Kodi News ] [ FOSDEM 2019 report ]